HELIX Environmental Planning, Inc.
Cultural Resources Group Manager
Do you want to work at a company where the employee-owners genuinely care about each other and foster a collaborative environment?
Do you want to be part of a team that does great work on a wide variety of projects that are important to your community?
Are you excited about having a say about the kinds of cultural resources projects your company pursues? Then HELIX is the perfect fit for you!
HELIX Environmental Planning, Inc., a growing, California-based environmental consulting firm, is seeking a Cultural Resources Group Managerto join our northern California team (office locations in Folsom or Roseville). HELIX offers cultural resources, environmental, biological, acoustical, air quality, and GIS services to both the public and private sectors. Our cultural resources team completes all types of cultural resources studies for a wide range of projects with varying levels of local, state, and federal lead agency involvement.
Why work at HELIX?
- Employee-owned since 2004
- Offers a hybrid work schedule with flexibility of working in-office and remotely
- Invested in professional growth and employee development and training
- Recognized for our workplace practices, employee wellness programs, and community contributions
- Named as one of the 2021 Best Firms to Work For by ZweigGroup
HELIX also offers a competitive benefits package, that includes:
· Robust Health Coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision) for employee and dependents
· Life/Long Term Disability Insurance
· Accrual of Paid Personal Time Off
· Bonus Program
· Wellness Program
· Employee Stock Ownership Plan participation
· 401K participation with employer contributions
The Cultural Resources Group Manager will be a member of the HELIX leadership team, reporting directly to the Regional Manager and responsible for growing and managing HELIX’s Northern California Cultural Resources Group. This includes business development, staff recruitment, and financial performance for the group, working with senior leadership, discipline leaders, group managers, technical specialists, and operations staff. The successful candidate will have experience in cultural resource consulting; business management; recruitment; management of staff; and providing quality assurance for all work products.
Top priorities include working with the Regional Manager to develop and implement a business plan, leading the cultural resources business development and marketing efforts for the Sacramento area and other northern California counties and supporting multi-disciplinary business development efforts for the company as a whole. Other responsibilities include managing large projects and on-call contracts and managing and providing leadership for the Cultural Resources group by fostering a positive and professional work atmosphere.
Our team culture is rooted in collaboration and communication and the successful candidate will be able to work within a team and be able to coordinate effectively with other project managers and group leaders. Candidates must have a strong work ethic, positive attitude and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong analytical capabilities.
Please submit a cover letter in addition to your resume.
Salary will be based on qualifications and/or experience, with a robust benefits package. Expected starting pay range of $120,000 to $140,000.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and an inclusive work environment. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, disability, age, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service or veteran status. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs.
Requirements for Cultural Resources Group Manager:
· Master’s Degree in archaeology, anthropology, history, or closely related field with a concentration in archaeology
· Registered Professional Archaeologist
· At least 15 years of experience in archaeology that includes preparation of proposals and archaeological studies/reports and experience with agency consultation/coordination
· A successful track record in business development in California, with proven sales generation and client relationships
· Ability to prioritize and complete high-quality work within specified deadlines and budgets
· Knowledge of the federal and California laws and regulations pertaining to historic and archaeological resource management and an understanding of regulatory agency programs, procedures, and policies related to cultural resource management, including CEQA, NEPA, and Section 106 NHPA
· Experience with Northern California prehistoric and historic archaeology
· Experience preparing Class/Phase I, II, and III archaeological surveys, analyses, and documentation requirements
· Demonstrated ability to manage cultural resources staff or teams, including training, mentorship, and supervision
· Experience coordinating with local Tribal representatives, resulting in positive Tribal relationships
· Strong research, writing, proofreading, organizational, and verbal communication skills
Additional skills/accomplishments considered a plus:
· Knowledge of local agency guidelines for Section 106 of the NHPA and CEQA compliance, including guidelines pertaining to the completion of cultural resource studies
Current Openings – Careers at HELIX Environmental Planning (helixepi.com)