Northeast Archaeology Research Center, Inc. (NE ARC), is a privately owned company located in Farmington, Maine. Situated, in the foothills of the Western Maine Mountains, NE ARC is centrally located in the northern New England region. NE ARC is committed to historic preservation and provides a wide range of high quality cultural resource management consulting services to its clients.
NE ARC has openings for an Archaeological Lab Manager. The Lab Manager will conduct historic and precontact artifact analysis, prepare artifact inventories, and contribute to archaeological reports. The Lab Manager position is a full-time position that may sometimes involve supervision of lab staff.
We are looking for individuals enthusiastic about their work with a strong commitment to client service and technical excellence. Successful candidates will enjoy the challenges of working alongside others in a fast-paced environment and developing effective solutions to project challenges. NE ARC offers a benefits package including health benefits and a 401k plan with a company match.
• Conduct processing and analysis of artifact collections from field studies.
• Prepare artifact inventories, lab methods and results sections for archaeological reports.
• Prepare artifact collections and field paperwork for curation.
• Coordinate transfer of archaeological collections to curation facilities.
• Advanced degree (MA or MS) in anthropology, archaeology, or a related discipline.
• 3 or more years of experience in archaeological research, including Eastern US historic and/or precontact artifact identification and analysis.
• Ability to think critically and work in a team environment.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Access and Adobe Indesign.
• A commitment to quality and safety.
To apply for this position, please send a letter of interest and resume/CV with at least two recent work references to email@example.com