Espinoza Consulting Services. has immediate openings for crew chiefs for current field work in Colorado and New Mexico. Field positions are hourly/temporary, but long-term employment is possible. Wages will range between $22.50 to $25.00/hour (depending on job location). Healthcare option, all federal holidays, and educational stipends are standard for all full-time ECS employees. Per diem and/or accommodations are provided for out-of- town assignments. Back country camping is required for some projects.
· Qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in anthropology or archaeology and three years field/write-up experience in the southwest and/or far western region.
· Eligibility to hold permits in Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, California, or surrounding states/land jurisdictions is also highly desirable. Colorado supervisors must be able to be permitted in one or more Colorado BLM Field Offices.
· Preference will be given to individuals who have excellent field, writing, computer, and GPS skills.
· Possess strong writing, editing, and organizational skills.
· Able to perform and direct the duties of technician (walk up to 10 miles a day; lift up to 40 lbs; identify historic and prehistoric artifacts correctly; conduct archaeological survey and testing; complete sketch maps of features and sites; complete field forms accurately and concisely; use a GPS unit; and photograph resources).
· Be able to perform physically demanding tasks in adverse environmental conditions (e.g., rugged terrain, remote locations, hot and cold temperatures).
· Good organizational skills, a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and willingness to learn.
· Experience with ArcGIS 10 or ArcGIS Pro is desirable.
· Must have a clean driver’s license. Employment is also subject to drug and alcohol testing. Background check may be necessary on certain projects.
Given current workloads, ECS will fill positions as soon as possible. Interested candidates should apply on Indeed with a letter of interest and resume: email@example.com
Espinoza Consulting Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We also maintain a Drug-Free Workplace, and frequently works on federal projects requiring security screening. As such, candidates may be subject to a background check and drug testing (including cannabis).