Espinoza Consulting Services. has immediate openings for archaeological field technicians for current field work in Colorado, New Mexico, and Wyoming. Positions are hourly/temporary, but long-term employment is possible. Wages will range between $19.00 to $22.00/hour (depending on job location). Healthcare option, all federal holidays, and educational stipends are standard for all full-time ECS employees. Per diem and/or accommodations are provided for out-of- town assignments.
· Preferred qualifications include a BA in anthropology or archaeology and one year field/write-up experience in the southwest and/or far western region.
· Preference will be given to individuals who have excellent field, writing, computer, and GPS skills.
· Able to walk up to 10 miles a day; lift up to 40 lbs; identify historic and prehistoric artifacts and features; conduct archaeological survey and testing; complete sketch maps of features and sites; complete field forms accurately and concisely; use a GPS unit; and photograph resources.
· Be able to perform physically demanding tasks in adverse environmental conditions (e.g., rugged terrain, remote locations, hot and cold temperatures).
· Good organizational skills, a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and willingness to learn.
· Must have a clean driver’s license. Employment is also subject to drug and alcohol testing. Background check may be necessary on certain projects.
Given current workloads, ECS will fill positions as soon as possible. Interested candidates should apply on Indeed with a letter of interest and resume: email@example.com
Espinoza Consulting Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We also maintain a Drug-Free Workplace, and frequently works on federal projects requiring security screening. As such, candidates may be subject to a background check and drug testing (including cannabis).