ASM Affiliates (ASM) has an immediate opening for a full-time Associate Archaeologist in our Eugene office. ASM is a consulting firm specializing in archaeology, history, architectural history and cultural resource management (CRM) with offices throughout the western U.S. and Hawaii. The successful candidate will be an integral member of our dedicated team of professionals and work in a collegial and positive environment.
The Associate Archaeologist will perform research, fieldwork, laboratory analysis, monitoring, and preparation of technical reports for survey, testing, evaluation, data recovery, and construction monitoring projects under the direction of senior staff. The incumbent will also assist with proposal preparation and business development for cultural resource opportunities. The position is based in Oregon with the option for hybrid or remote work schedule.
- M.A. or Ph.D. degree in anthropology, archaeology, historical archaeology, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in CRM
- Must be permittable with the State of Oregon as a qualified archaeologist
- Command of federal (NEPA, NHPA Section 106) and state cultural resource laws and regulations
- Strong experience with project management
- Excellent verbal and communication skill; ability to positively interact with clients
- Strong technical writing skills
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability and willingness to travel
ASM offers a compensation package that includes competitive pay, professional development, a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental, paid vacation/sick, and holiday leave, participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan, 401k with matching, and bonus plan. The pay range is $25.00 to $30.00 per hour and will be commensurate with the applicant’s credentials, experience and responsibilities.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com with Subject line: Associate Archaeologist – Oregon.
ASM Affiliates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer