Overview SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking an Archaeologist to join the Cultural Resources Program in our Honolulu, Hawaii, office. The ideal candidate should have experience in Hawaiian archaeology and possess a knowledge of Hawaiian culture. This is a great opportunity to be an integral member of this team. This is temporary/half time position and work is dependent on project needs and will report to our Cultural Resources Principal Investigator in Hawaii. Salary will be based on individual qualifications and experience. Responsibilities In this role, you will conduct archaeological fieldwork including survey, test excavationI, data recovery, and monitoring as well as assist with background research and report preparation.
· A Bachelor’s or higher degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field
· An accredited Field School Certification is preferred
· Experience with a wide range of field methodologies, including archaeological survey, test excavation, and monitoring.
· Hawaii field experience preferred.
· Experience in conducting laboratory analysis of artifacts and other cultural remains.
· The ability to conduct background research and assist in the preparation of technical reports.
· Current valid driver’s license and the ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, back country roads.
· Ability to travel to a location, walk, and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and the ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds.
· Must live in Hawaii.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is an employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of natural and cultural resource management, environmental planning, and regulatory compliance services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/nVqGyEIkzll7Ck58s4pV6