Full Time Field Archaeologists – Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont
Heritage Consultants, a leading cultural resource management company in New England, is seeking applicants for Full Time Field Archaeologists for ongoing and upcoming archaeological fieldwork throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Projects will include Phase I cultural resources surveys, Phase II testing projects, Phase III data recovery projects, and Remote Sensing Investigations (GPR and Magnetometer). Join a great team of dedicated archaeologists!
Qualified candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field;
- Completed an accredited archaeological field school;
- Experience performing archaeological survey and excavation;
- Ability to work in diverse terrain that will involves hiking to and from project areas;
- Ability to work well with others and be a proactive part of a project team;
- Good note taking skills;
- A valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation;
- Ability to operate GPS units and navigate using USGS maps/aerial photography is a plus but required preferred.
Please send a cover letter (in PDF or WORD format) that presents your field experience, including any in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, and/or Vermont, a copy of your resume/CV, contact information for at least of two references, and a date of availability to email@example.com.
Starting pay is between $18 and $20 per hour depending upon experience. Per diem of $45/day is available and single occupancy hotel rooms are offered. Mileage reimbursement is also available. The position comes with a generous health insurance package that includes vision and dental coverage, as well as paid time off for six Federal holidays, vacation (40 hours to start), sick leave (4 hours per year). Field archaeologists that remain with the company for 6 months are eligible to participate in the company’s 401(k) plan.