Archaeological Field Technicians – Phase 1 – Temporary, Full-Time – Richmond, VA – Rates: $18.00+
RK&K is hiring multiple qualified Archaeological Field Technicians for Phase I survey in the Richmond, Virginia area. Qualified applicants can expect to start work the last week in May, with the potential for additional local work in northern Virginia in June and July. Pay rates start at $18.00/hr for technicians and will be commensurate with experience. The Richmond project includes lodging and per diem.
- BA/BS in Archaeology, Anthropology, or related field
- Archaeological field school
- Phase I survey experience strongly preferred
- Ability to work in the field under adverse conditions
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to walk long distances
- Ability to document shovel test excavations and record detailed test unit notes
- Ability to work well with others
Archaeological Field Technician Job | Careers at RK&K (rkk.com)
This job description indicates the general nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under ADA) expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities and duties required by the employee. Other duties are assigned as required.
As a full-service engineering and construction management firm, RK&K gives you the opportunity to directly impact the communities in which we live and work. What sets RK&K apart is an award-winning culture that has fostered a spirit of collaboration and trust for over 100 years. To its clients, the firm delivers concepts, processes, and outcomes that are designed for success. RK&K has earned its reputation as a trusted partner, responsive employer, and community steward