Title: Archaeological Field Technicians (multiple positions)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, however $20/hr +
Location: New York State
Email contact: Erin Steinwachs – email@example.com
TRC has immediate openings for temporary Archaeological Field Technicians for work in New York State. Successful candidates will work on a multi-week Phase I survey projects. Pay rates start at $20/hour and can vary based on experience. Single occupancy hotel rooms and a competitive per diem also are included.
Field Technicians will work closely with other TRC archaeologists, environmental staff, permitting specialists, and managers in TRC’s PPL practice. We are looking for individuals enthusiastic about their work with a strong commitment to client service and technical excellence. Successful candidates will enjoy the challenges of working alongside others in a fast-paced environment and developing effective solutions to project challenges. This position will require regular travel away from the home office. Employment with TRC is subject to the successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
• Ensure the quality of archaeological data, fieldwork, and paperwork.
• Perform archaeological surveys, testing, data recovery and monitoring.
• Complete tasks in a timely fashion; coordinate with project managers regarding project requirements and expectations.
• A Bachelor’s degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a related discipline.
• An accredited fieldschool.
• Ability to think critically in the field.
• Familiarity with digital field technology (GPS, Trimble etc.) preferred.
• A commitment to quality and safety.
• A willingness to walk long distances and perform physically demanding tasks in varying environments and conditions (i.e. steep terrain, heat, cold, etc.).
• Applicants must be willing to travel, have excellent communication skills, and work well on a team and individually.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to pass a motor vehicle records check and drug screening test.
To apply for this position please submit your resume to Erin Steinwachs: firstname.lastname@example.org and please include two recent work references on your resume.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information please visit our website at www.trccompanies.com.
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.