- Company Name: Snelling Staffing
- Employment type: Full-time, Temporary
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 7am to 5pm, hours could vary due to weather
- Pay: $23-$24/hr., weekly pay
- Send resumes to email@example.com
Since 1951, Snelling has helped match exceptional people with exceptional opportunities, and we continue to set the standard of excellence in our field. By combining our award-winning history with industry-leading technology, our team has what it takes to solve your most complex recruiting challenges or connect you with the job opportunity you seek quickly and efficiently.
We are seeking an archaeologist for a 3-week assignment (possibly longer) at a client site in Laguna Pueblo, New Mexico. The archaeologist will assist in the identification and evaluation of archaeological sites, conduct research, field surveys, as well as support excavation, recovery, and analysis initiatives. This professional must be able to supervise an anthropological diverse based crew and meet the listed qualifications.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Bachelors or Masters in Anthropology/Archaeology; 2 years supervisory experience is preferred.
- Must have good knowledge of western and central New Mexico cultural history and associated material culture.
- NMCRPCA permitted supervisor in good standing is preferred—candidates permitted in another state or close to being permitted with at least 2-3 months of experience in the field will be considered.
- Must be able to work in various climatic conditions.
- Must be able to hike in various terrains for a full shift.
- Needs to be prepared to bring personal tools to complete their job i.e., compass, pack, water storage etc.
- Need to have a knowledge of off-road ATV operation and a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a good understanding of ground and archaeological mapping.
- Needs to have operational knowledge of Trimble Geo 7 mapping instrumentation.
- Must understand Google Earth Pro as a reference and data upload tool.
- Must understand and be able to use Lab of Anthropology forms.
If you are a motivated and experienced front-runner in the field of Archaeology, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.