About the opportunity
SWCA’s Pasadena Cultural Resources Program is actively seeking an entry to mid-level archaeologist (HR Title = Cultural Resources Technician) to join our multi-disciplinary team in Pasadena, California. This is a full time regular position and pay will depend on experience.
In this role you will be expected to perform desktop reviews and web-based queries for cultural resources throughout southern and central California. Work will involve utilizing a variety of online tools including ArcGIS Online, Google Earth, Field Maps, Smartsheet, and Fulcrum. This position offers a unique opportunity to apply practical knowledge of California cultural resources to a desktop-based review system. Reviews will be performed in a fast-paced environment working within a larger, collaborative team. This position will require phone and email communication with the client. It will also intermittently require work beyond regular business hours. There is potential for cross training in this role for several programs that vary from cultural review to coordination and support.
Our Pasadena office offers a unique work environment and specializes in Natural Resources, Cultural Resources, and Permitting.
- Assistant Staff Archaeologist: Typically up to 1 year of experience
- Staff Archaeologist: Typically up to 2 years of experience
What you will accomplish
- Answer phone/email requests for environmental support
- Conduct cultural resource desktop reviews and web-based database queries with an internal tracking database
- Review online historic aerial and topographic map websites to assist in determinations and resource occurrence potential
- Review listed resources and develop/apply appropriate compliance measures
- Be available outside normal business hours one week per month.
Experience and qualifications for success
- A bachelor’s degree in anthropology, archaeology, history, or a closely related field is required.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience in cultural resources management (CRM) on a variety of project types, sizes, regions, and agencies.
- Experience drafting and reviewing of field documents, site forms, and reports preferred.
- Experience with implementing the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA) Section 106 processes is preferred.
- Reliable internet connection required.
- Able to work independently and collaborate with a variety of colleagues and clients.
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment while working on interesting and challenging projects with tight schedule.
- Preferred candidate will have proficiency in MS-Office, MS-Outlook, and Internet/Intranet technologies; ArcGIS, Google Earth, Field Maps, Fulcrum, and Smartsheet familiarity a plus.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
SWCA is committed to salary equity and salary transparency for all its employees. In alignment with this commitment, SWCA posts good faith pay ranges on all its advertised job postings to promote pay equity and transparency.
- An employee in this Pasadena, CA – based position can expect an hourly pay rate for an Assistant Staff Archaeologist $23.63 – $30.38/hour and a Staff Archaeologist $26.16 – $33.47/hour. Actual pay within this range may depend on experience, qualifications, geographic location, client requirements where applicable, and other factors permitted by law.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
This position is eligible for our wellness paid time off, employee assistance program and wellness program activities.
Pay rate: $23.63 hr. – $33.47 hr.