Swift River Environmental Services is seeking Archaeology Field Technicians for projects based out of our Albuquerque, New Mexico office. This position is responsible for performing common tasks associated with Archaeological investigations and surveys. This is a temporary, On-Call position. Able to pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Follow the direction of the crew chief/field supervisor.
• Adherence to all company and client specific protocols.
• Show respect for all team members.
• Adherence to health and safety instructions and guidelines.
• Perform pedestrian survey, shovel testing and hand excavations as instructed.
• Complete field related paperwork in a legible manner.
• Assist in technical site mapping, photography and feature and artifact documentation
• Use of handheld GPS units for site mapping, and site form preparation.
• Monitoring of ground disturbing construction/activity; often for long hours and several weeks.
• Bachelor’s degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or closely related discipline.
• Successful completion of a certified and pertinent archaeological field school or equivalent experience, or Tribal Cultural Resource Monitor certification.
• Experience conducting pedestrian survey, including collection of field data, site recording, digital photography, artifact identification, GPS data collection, and mapping.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, and to work well with others as part of a team.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to travel to a location, walk (8-12 miles/day) and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and own transportation to the project area.
• Experience driving a four-wheeled drive vehicle off-road or in rough terrain
• Experience with digital documentation preferred.
• Familiarity with typical electrical utility operations and maintenance activities.
• Experience working around heavy machinery and communicating with maintenance crews.
Send resume and pay requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com