Quality Services, Inc. is seeking a Geographic Information Software (GIS) specialist. Qualified candidates will have knowledge of ArcGIS and other mapping software, the ability to multitask, and attention to detail. Required tasks include creating maps for archeological and NEPA compliance projects, converting data from GPS to other software, database management, map analysis, and being part of a team to complete projects by deadlines. Pay rate is dependent on experience. Benefits include health and dental insurance, retirement plan, and paid leave.
Quality Services, Inc is a small business based in Rapid City, SD, that deals with a multiple types and sizes of projects. We work in over 30 states in support of a variety of industries, services, government agencies, and clients, completing over 300 projects per year.
• Experience with ArcGIS 10.5 or higher.
• ArcPro knowledge or experience.
• College coursework in GIS, geography, anthropology, history, environmental studies, computer science, or closely related field.
• Knowledge and familiarity with computers and software such as MS Office, Adobe Photoshop Elements, and topographic map software.
• Experience with the ArcGIS Platform including at least one of the following: Web Maps, ArcGIS Enterprise, Collector for ArcGIS, Web Application Builder, Data Reviewer for ArcGIS, Survey123and other ESRI apps.
• Knowledge of National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA) and/or cultural resource management compliance processes and regulations.
• Familiarity with XML, Python, and/or SQL.
• Experience with remote sensing analysis and technologies.
• Ability to follow and give written or verbal instructions;
• Ability to operate field data collection computers and Trimble GPS equipment.
• Drafting and drawing skills, knowledge of maps, mapping techniques, map reading; and
• Detail oriented.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit the following by email to email@example.com:
- Detailed vita with experience, including start and end dates, and number of hours per week for each position.
- References with phone numbers and email addresses.
- Mapping and database examples.
- Other relevant information to support your application.