Logan Simpson currently seeks a full-time Archaeological Field Director to work in our Reno office. Salary rate ranges from $52,000–$62,400 per year (equivalent to $25–$30 per hour), dependent upon experience. Benefits of working with Logan Simpson include:
• Support for professional conference attendance
• Professional development opportunities
• Bonus programs for publishing, employee referrals, and academic achievements
• Babies-At-Work Program
• Comprehensive benefits package with paid personal time off and holidays
Duties and responsibilities include managing and leading one or more archaeological field crews on surveys throughout Nevada and adjacent states, and preparing the associated technical reports. Candidates should know how to accurately yet efficiently record cultural resources in the field, manage multiple crews with the assistance of crew leads, operate Trimble GPS units, use digital data collection methods, prepare site records, evaluate sites for eligibility to the National Register of Historic Places, and conduct quality control/quality assurance reviews of field data. The candidate also must be able to proficiently and independently prepare complex technical survey reports and associated forms.
• Qualifications for Crew Lead or Principal Investigator for Nevada BLM Carson City, Battle Mountain, or Southern Nevada Districts
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Anthropology or closely related field or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of archaeology consulting or agency experience including 2+ years of supervisory experience
• 1+ years of archaeology experience in the Great Basin or the Southwest, including experience directing field projects
• Ability to work outdoors in extreme temperatures and in remote locations (camping is a possibility)
• Ability to walk up to 10 miles per day over steep terrain for extended periods of time
• Willingness to work field sessions up to 8 days in a row
• The ability to work out-of-town
• A valid driver’s license
• Proficiency with technical writing and Microsoft Office products.
• Ability to demonstrate written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency with electronic devices such as smart phones and tablets for digital data collection
• Experience with technical report writing
• Residence in Nevada or willingness to relocate to Nevada.
Preferred qualifications include knowledge of federal, state, and local historic preservation and cultural resources regulations and demonstrate an established area of analytical expertise and/or archaeological research interest. A Registered Professional Archaeologist (RPA) and/or meeting the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualification Standards for Archaeology is preferred but not required. Residence in Reno is preferred.
Logan Simpson offers a comprehensive benefit package and a competitive salary. If interested, please apply online at http://logansimpson.com/about/careers/ and attach a resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements.
Logan Simpson is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer