Company: TRC Companies
Title: Archaeological Field Technician
Compensation: $21-25/hr + however compensation will vary based upon experience, education, skill level, and other compensable factors
Location: Central & Northern California
Email contact: Should you have any questions feel free to reach out to Steve Egbalic: SEgbalic@trccompanies.com
TRC has immediate openings for temporary Archaeological Field Technicians out of our central and northern California offices. Successful candidates will work on a variety of projects including utility and transmission projects in California. Work will include remote desktop review of projects, fieldwork within northern California. We are looking for individuals enthusiastic about their work with a strong commitment to client service and technical excellence. Successful candidates will enjoy the challenges of working alongside others in a fast-paced environment and developing effective solutions to project challenges. Employment with TRC is subject to the successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
Please apply using the below:
- Ensure the quality of archaeological data, fieldwork, and paperwork.
- Perform archaeological surveys, testing, data recovery and monitoring.
- Complete tasks in a timely fashion; coordinate with project managers regarding project requirements and expectations.
- Complete desktop reviews of utility and transmission projects and prior survey coverage.
- A bachelor’s degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a related discipline.
- Ability to think critically in the field.
- Familiarity with digital field technology (GPS, Trimble etc.) preferred.
- A commitment to quality and safety.
- A willingness to walk long distances and perform physically demanding tasks in varying environments and conditions (i.e., steep terrain, heat, cold, etc.).
- Applicants must be willing to travel, have excellent communication skills, and work well on a team and individually.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to pass a motor vehicle records check.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen, background check, physical and motor vehicle records check.
In accordance with local law, the following compensation range is applicable for the job and location associated with this requisition: $21-$25/hr. Compensation will vary based upon experience, education, skill level, and other compensable factors.
Benefits: TRC offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
- 401(k) plan and contributions
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For temporary employees, TRC offers a 401(k) plan with a company match. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.trccompanies.com/.