ARCHAEOLOGICAL PROJECT MANAGER – R. Christopher Goodwin & Associates, Inc.
R. Christopher Goodwin & Associates, Inc. has immediate openings for archaeological Project Managers in each of its three offices (New Orleans, LA, Frederick, MD, and Lawrence, KS). Expertise in the archaeology of eastern North America, the Lower Mississippi River Valley, the Plains, and/or the Midwest desired. The successful candidate for this position must possess a graduate degree (M.A., M.S., or Ph.D.) in Anthropology/Archaeology and have worked in the field of CRM or have served in a similar capacity for at least three years, with at least two calendar years of successful supervisory experience. The applicant must be a self-starter and have strong organizational, verbal, and writing skills; the ability to work as part of a larger team and broad experience in all phases of archaeological investigations from Phase IA desktop analyses to Phase III data recovery efforts; and, familiarity with GPS and/or GIS technologies.
- Working closely with Senior Management and Operations Personnel to plan and execute projects within project scoping, timelines, and budgets;
- Coordination and communication with clients, relevant agency personnel, and interested parties while in the field;
- Working in tandem with other project personnel, including laboratory staff, historians, architectural historians and GIS specialists;
- Directing and supervising field crews and other staff assigned to projects;
- Completing cultural resource management reports and other deliverables to company and agency satisfaction that comply with applicable state and federal laws/regulations and guidelines promulgated by State Historic Preservation Offices throughout states within which the company provides services;
- Training new archaeological staff in appropriate field techniques, archaeological best practices, and other duties, as appropriate.
- Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in anthropology/archaeology;
- A minimum of 3 years of full-time experience in cultural resources management;
- At least two years of full-time, supervisory level, professional experience in cultural resources management;
- At least one year of full-time experience in the management of field crews and budgets;
- In-depth understanding of archaeological field methods for all phases of work;
- Detailed experience in using GPS equipment for field recordation, as well as all other field equipment;
- A working understanding of historic preservation law, particularly Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act;
- Possession of a valid U.S. driver’s license
This is a full time, salaried, professional position with a full benefits package:
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Leave & Holiday Pay
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan (After 1 year of employment)
- Per diem is $45/day
- Single occupancy hotel rooms
- Mileage reimbursement
Salary for this position starts at $65,000 annually and may increase depending upon experience. Opportunities for advancement to significant management responsibilities are available for the right candidates. Reimbursement of at least some moving expenses will be provided. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to RCGA-Jobs@rcgoodwin.com.
Your application must include a letter of interest, a full CV or resume, and contact information of three professional or academic references who can speak to your archaeological capabilities and work experience. Candidates who have submitted applications with RCG&A previously are encouraged to apply again.
R. Christopher Goodwin & Associates, Inc. is the recipient of the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s National Preservation Honor Award, the U.S. Small Business Association’s Administrator’s Award of Excellence, two Environmental Excellence and Stewardship Awards, and in 2014 was named Louisiana’s Archaeologists of the Year. We have been named a “Top Ten” Family Friendly Business.
Equal Opportunity Employer