Crew Lead/Assistant Project Manager – R. Christopher Goodwin & Associates, Inc.
R. Christopher Goodwin & Associates, Inc. has openings for permanent, full-time Crew Leads and Assistant Project Managers in our New Orleans, LA, Frederick, MD, and Lawrence, KS offices. The successful candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in anthropology/archaeology and have completed an accredited archaeological field school (Crew Lead) or an MA/MS in Anthropology or Archaeology (Assistant Project Manager). Each position requires at least one year of successful supervisory experience. Excellent field skills are essential; experience with GPS, and familiarity with both historic and prehistoric archaeological sites and the material culture of Eastern North America, the Lower Mississippi Valley, the Plains, and/or the Midwestern United States is strongly preferred. Superior writing and interpersonal skills are essential. Training in or familiarity with NHPA and other cultural resources regulations are desirable. Candidates must be able to travel to project sites to direct and conduct Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III cultural resources investigations. Applicants must be a self-starters and have strong organizational, verbal, and writing skills as well as the ability to work as part of a larger team. Residence within commuting distance of one of our offices is required for these positions. Our staff are dedicated historic preservation professionals that enjoy and take pride in the work we complete on behalf of our diverse client base. We are looking to expand our team and include people that shares this dedication to and passion for cultural resources management.
Job Duties and Requirements:
- Working closely with Project Management and Operations Personnel to plan and execute projects within project scoping, timelines, and budgets;
- Coordination and communication with Field Archaeologists;
- Organizing and directing field crews and other staff assigned to projects;
- Training new archaeological staff in appropriate field techniques, archaeological best practices, and other duties, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in anthropology/archaeology as well as a completed accredited archaeological field school (Crew Lead) and Master’s Degree in anthropology/archaeology (Assistant Project Manager);
- A minimum of 2 years of full-time experience in cultural resources management;
- At least one year of crew chief level experience in cultural resources management;
- In-depth understanding of archaeological field methods for all phases of work;
- Experience in using GPS equipment for field recordation, as well as all other field equipment;
- Ability to work outdoors in variable temperatures and in inclement weather;
- ability hike difficult terrain while carrying field equipment;
- Possession of a valid U.S. driver’s license
These are full time, salaried, professional positions with full benefits package.
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Leave & Holiday Pay
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan (After 1 Year of employment)
- Per diem is $45/day
- Single occupancy hotel rooms
- Mileage reimbursement
Salary for these positions start at $23/hrly Crew Lead or $24.52/hrly Assistant Project Manager) and may increase depending upon experience. Opportunities for professional advancement are available for the right candidates. Reimbursement of at least some moving expenses will be provided. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to RCGA-Jobs@rcgoodwin.com.
Your application must include a letter of interest, a full CV or resume, and contact information of three professional or academic references who can speak to your archaeological capabilities and work experience. Candidates who have submitted applications with RCG&A previously are encouraged to apply again.
R. Christopher Goodwin & Associates, Inc. is the recipient of the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s National Preservation Honor Award, the U.S. Small Business Association’s Administrator’s Award of Excellence, two Environmental Excellence and Stewardship Awards, and in 2014 was named Louisiana’s Archaeologists of the Year. We have been named a “Top Ten” Family Friendly Business.
Equal Opportunity Employer