Field Archaeologists – R. Christopher Goodwin & Associates, Inc.
R. Christopher Goodwin & Associates, Inc. has immediate openings for full time field archaeologists to work out of our three offices, New Orleans, LA, Frederick MD, and Lawrence, KS, on a variety of local and non-local projects. Projects will be mobilized from each of our three offices and will consist of Phase I surveys, Phase II Testing Projects, and Phase III data recovery projects for a diverse client base. Most projects will require travel for which single occupancy lodging and per diem reimbursements will be provided (no receipts required).
Job Duties and Requirements:
- Working closely with Project Management and Operations Personnel to execute field work within a project area and complete documentation of the field efforts undertaken;
- Coordination and communication with other field archaeologists;
Qualified candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field;
- Completed an accredited archaeological field school;
- Experience performing archaeological survey and excavation;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work well with others and be a proactive part of a project team;
Detailed note taking skills;
- A valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation;
- Ability to operate GPS units and navigate using USGS maps/aerial photography preferred.
These are full time, salaried, positions with full benefits package. These positions come with a generous health insurance package that includes vision and dental coverage, as well as paid time off for six Federal holidays, vacation (40 hours to start), sick leave (40 hours per year). Field archaeologists that remain with the company for one year are eligible to participate in the company’s 401(k) plan.
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Leave & Holiday Pay
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Per diem is $45/day (no receipts required)
- Single occupancy hotel rooms
Salary for these positions from $19/hrly to $21/hrly annually depending upon experience. Reimbursement of at least some moving expenses will be provided. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to RCGAfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application must include a letter of interest, a full CV or resume, and contact information of two professional or academic references who can speak to your archaeological capabilities and work experience. Candidates who have submitted applications with RCG&A previously are encouraged to apply again.
R. Christopher Goodwin & Associates, Inc. is the recipient of the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s National Preservation Honor Award, the U.S. Small Business Association’s Administrator’s Award of Excellence, two Environmental Excellence and Stewardship Awards, and in 2014 was named Louisiana’s Archaeologists of the Year. We have been named a “Top Ten” Family Friendly Business.
Equal Opportunity Employer