Heritage Consultants is growing again! We are seeking a full-time Project Archaeologist based out of our Newington, Connecticut office. She or he will be responsible for conducting archaeological undertakings of all types and sizes from planning through report completion. The applicant must be a self-starter and have strong organizational, verbal, and writing skills the ability to work as part of a larger team and broad experience in all phases of archaeological investigations from Phase IA assessment surveys to Phase III data recovery efforts.
- Working closely with Senior Management and Operations Personnel to plan and execute projects within project scoping, timelines, and budgets;
- Coordination and communication with clients, relevant agency personnel, and interested parties while in the field;
- Working in tandem with other project personnel, including laboratory staff, historians, architectural historians and GIS specialists;
- Directing and supervising field crews and other staff assigned to projects;
- Completing cultural resource management reports and other deliverables to company and agency satisfaction that comply with applicable state and federal laws/regulations and guidelines promulgated by State Historic Preservation Offices throughout the region;
- Training new archaeological staff in appropriate field techniques, archaeological best practices, and other duties, as appropriate.
- Master’s Degree in anthropology/archaeology
- A minimum of 3 years of full-time experience in cultural resources management
- At least one year of full-time, supervisory level, professional experience in cultural resources management
- At least one year of full-time experience in the management of field crews and budgets
- Understanding of archaeological field methods for all phases of work
- Experience in using GPS equipment for field recordation, as well as all other field equipment
- A working understanding of historic preservation law, particularly Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act
- Possession of a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Leave & Holiday Pay
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Per diem is $45/day when on field projects
- Single occupancy hotel rooms
- Mileage reimbursement
Salary for this position starts at $23 per hour and may be increased depending upon experience. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to David George at firstname.lastname@example.org.