Topic ID #43030 – posted 2/16/2021 8:40 AM
Field Technician – Central to Northern CA
R3X Group, Inc. is seeking Field Technicians to assist a growing multidisciplinary team of environmental scientists, including biologists, ecologists, engineers, and planners on a variety of projects throughout California and particularly Central to Northern California. These are on-call project technician positions with the immediate opportunity for position advancement. We are seeking candidates who thrive working independently, who have a willingness to be on-call, and in turn can expect support from senior staff, highly competitive compensation, and flexibility.
This position will be based in a remote work-from-home location in California and requires travel conducting fieldwork.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation is highly competitive and also highly commensurate with experience and ability to be on-call with the immediate potential for increase in compensation. Employees will be reimbursed for mileage and travel time related to field work and any lodging paid for up front by R3X Group.
· Willingness to perform fieldwork, be on-call, and in turn expect reasonable notice from R3X Group for project assignments with some flexibility
· Ideal candidates have a minimum of 4 years of experience or a substituted demonstration of proficiency completing all aspects of survey with an emphasis on proficient site recording skills as well as a bachelor’s degree.
· These are positions with the expectation that the candidate can gather all necessary, rudimentary data including artifact attributes, environmental conditions, field notes, photographs, and GPS data during fieldwork and can document and communicate this data effectively to senior staff.
Job Summary of Roles and Responsibilities:
· Willingness to perform fieldwork, be on-call.
· Candidate will be able to comprehensively document fieldwork effectively to senior staff.
· Ability to perform rudimentary archaeological tasks with little supervision, pedestrian survey, maintain field notes following standard archaeological procedures and by R3X Group format, test excavation, monitoring, and data recovery
· Ability to use topographic maps, aerial photographs, and GPS units for navigation and mapping.
· Be cross trained and support other environmental tasks such as taking photographs, conducting visits, and collecting GPS field data. All additional training would be provided by R3X Group.
· Working knowledge of CEQA, NHPA, and other state and federal environmental regulations.
Applicants located near Sacramento are preferred. However, qualified individuals willing to travel will be considered. The beginning wage for experienced technicians demonstrating the proficiency to perform the position duties with little supervision is $27/hr with room for immediate advancement. Other experience levels may be considered.
Please provide a cover letter outlining your qualifications, and a current resume with at least 3 references with current contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Field Technician Position” in the Subject line. R3X Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.