Topic ID #43034 – posted 2/17/2021 8:31 AM
TRC – ARCHAEOLOGICAL LAB ANALYST/MANAGER NEEDED
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental, and infrastructure markets. TRC has an opening for a full-time, permanent Lab Analyst/Manager in our Lanham, Maryland office. This position will be based on a candidate’s professional experience and qualifications.
TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation. With one of the largest multimedia air and land permitting and compliance teams in the country, our Planning, Permitting and Licensing (PPL) practice delivers comprehensive environmental solutions to meet the full project life cycle needs of clients in energy, transportation, and manufacturing industries.
TRC has openings for an Archaeological Lab Analyst/Manager in our Lanham, MD office. The Lab Analyst/Manager will work closely with TRC archaeologists, conduct historic and prehistoric artifact analysis, prepare artifact inventories, and contribute to archaeological reports. The Lab Analyst/Manager position is a full-time position that will involve working with other environmental staff, permitting specialists, and managers in TRC’s PPL practice.
We are looking for individuals enthusiastic about their work with a strong commitment to client service and technical excellence. Successful candidates will enjoy the challenges of working alongside others in a fast-paced environment and developing effective solutions to project challenges. Employment with TRC is subject to the successful completion of a background check and drug screen. TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including health benefits and a 401k plan with a company match.
Please note that TRC follows a robust Covid-19 Safety Policy for field and laboratory work – it is expected that all hires adhere to this policy.
- Conduct processing and analysis of artifact collections from field studies.
- Prepare artifact inventories, lab methods and results sections for archaeological reports.
- Conduct historic/archival/map research for background sections of reports.
- Prepare artifact collections and field paperwork for curation.
- Coordinate transfer of archaeological collections to curation facilities.
- Complete tasks in a timely fashion; coordinate with project managers regarding project requirements and expectations. Job Qualifications:
- Advanced degree (MA or MS) in anthropology, archaeology, or a related discipline. Experienced non-MA/MS archaeologists with qualifying experience will also be considered.
- 3 or more years of experience in archaeological research, including Eastern US historic and prehistoric artifact identification and analysis.
- Ability to think critically and work in a team environment.
- Familiarity with data processing technologies.
- A commitment to quality and safety.
To apply for this position, please send a letter of interest and resume/CV with at least two recent work references to Tim Sara TSara@trccompanies.com.
EOE: Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled