MCA Consulting is currently seeking an Archaeological Crew Chief for projects located throughout AZ. Position will begin on a temporary/project based basis with the possibility of becoming permanent.
Ideal candidates will include the following:
- Primary residence located in the Phoenix or Tucson areas.
- 6+ months of archaeological survey experience including pedestrian surveys.
- GIS/mapping experience is a plus, but not required.
- Experience writing reports is a plus, but not required.
- Must be physically able to navigate steep slopes, ridges, mountains, uneven terrain, loose gravel, rock outcrops, and dense foliage while sometimes carrying large packs of gear.
- Physically capable of working 8 to 10+ hours in intense heat.
- Some projects will require you to camp at a remote location during 4-to-5-day field sessions.
- Must be able to provide your own transportation to projects located throughout Arizona (some transportation may be provided on a case by case basis).
- Must be 18 or older.
- Must have a current Driver’s License.
The rate of pay will range from $16 to $25 per hour, depending on experience. Some projects will include a per diem allowance up to $150 per day. Field sessions are scheduled in advance. We currently have sessions beginning in June and throughout the summer with more sessions to be added into the fall and winter months. This position may lead to permanent employment.
To apply, please send a resume/CV and a letter of interest to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the Subject Heading.
Please feel free to check us out online at mcaconsultingaz.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon!