Job Link: https://search0.smartsearchonline.com/pb/jobs/jobdetails.asp?job_number=49034
Be involved in projects with our Heritage Resources Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for an Archaeologist for our Kansas City, MO office. We are looking for dedicated and self‑motivated professionals wishing to pursue a career with a future-ready heritage resource management practice of a global environmental team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directing field teams on surveys and excavations.
• Data analysis, interpretation
• Prehistoric and historic artifact identification
• Technical report preparation
• Leading a team
• M.A./M.S in an appropriate field, PhD preferred.
• 2-3+ years of related experience including experience in the context of Section 106/110 and other legal authority compliance.
• Preference will be given to a specialist with clearly defined knowledge, skills and abilities as evidenced through publications/presentations and work experience in the Central United States
• Experience directing field teams on surveys and excavations including geoarchaeology
• Excellent technical writing skills
• Ability to communicate effectively and work in a collaborative team environment
• Ability to travel for projects
• Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
• Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its US companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.