Job Link: https://search0.smartsearchonline.com/pb/jobs/jobdetails.asp?job_number=49035
Be involved in projects with our Heritage Resources Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for an Archaeology Field Supervisor for our Kansas City, MO office. Works is expected to be located throughout the Central United States including Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Illinois, and other states as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct field projects during all phases of archaeological investigations (primarily Phase I and II)
• Supervise field teams on surveys and excavations
• Detailed note taking and field record documentation
• Prehistoric and historic artifact identification
• Familiarity with GPS technologies
• Feature identification and recording
• Assist with data analysis, interpretation, and technical report preparation
• Undergraduate degree in anthropology, archaeology, historic preservation, or related field
• Archaeological field school
• At least 3 years of field experience in North American CRM archaeology
• At least 1 year supervisory experience in archaeology
• Must be Registered Archaeologist (RA) or working toward certification
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Preference will be given to work experience in the Central United States
• Self-motivated, physically able to conduct all aspects of fieldwork in all weather conditions, and be able to follow instructions
• This is an on-call, hourly position. Ability to travel and work on short notice is necessary, as additional opportunities to work in other states is possible. Hourly rates are industry competitive
• Ability to communicate effectively and work in a collaborative team environment
• Ability to travel for projects
• Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
• Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its US companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.