SWCA Environmental Consultants has an exciting opportunity for a Cultural Resources Team Lead for our Phoenix office. The Cultural Resources Team Lead will be a core member of the Southwest Region’s Cultural Resources Program, and will be responsible for finding and winning work, managing projects of all sizes, mentoring and managing staff, growing the program in central Arizona, and upholding our company’s standards of excellence. The selected candidate will report to the Arizona Cultural Resources Program Lead. Salary/wage will be based on individual qualifications and experience.
· Lead and grow the Phoenix Cultural Resources (CR) Team.
· Recruit potential new CR staff, as well as supervise and mentor existing CR team members in Phoenix.
· Manage the workload of supervisees to ensure that productivity goals and the staffing needs of projects are met.
· Manage projects; coordinate with clients; supervise, direct, and instruct subcontractors.
· Collaborates with SWCA’s managers and directors throughout the company. Work closely with the Southern Arizona Office Director, CR Program and Team Leads across the Southwest, Project Managers (PMs), and other Directors to effectively staff projects and load level within the Southwest Region.
· Prepare proposals, reports, and other technical documents; monitor field procedures; work with Principal Investigators; and contribute to research designs, treatment plans, and other technical documents.
· Manage client relationships and conduct business development with new and existing clients
· Maintain SWCA’s high standard of quality control and take initiative to resolve problems and create improved procedures
· Participate in SWCA’s Innovation initiative by considering new technology or other methods to improve efficiency and improve our company’s competitive advantage.
· Assist in the continuing development of SWCA’s Cultural Resource Practice and expand SWCA’s professional reputation in cultural resources consulting and research throughout Arizona
· Preferred Master’s degree in anthropology or archaeology.
· Minimum of five (5) years of experience in cultural resources management (CRM) on a variety of project types and sizes, regions, and agencies
· Minimum of three (3) years of experience in CRM in a staff supervisory capacity
· Minimum of three (3) years of experience managing CRM projects, including budgets, scheduling, and scopes of work
· Meets the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualifications Standards in archaeology
· Experience with NHPA Section 106, the State Historic Preservation Act
· Experience and aptitude with all aspects of cultural resources projects, from pre-field tasks to final report preparation for a variety of project types and sizes, regions, and agencies
· Excellent technical writing skills with a record of completing technical reports in a timely fashion. Must include experience with primary report authorship in a CRM context for a variety of project types and sizes, regions, and agencies
· A track record of business development including client development, marketing, and proposal preparation
· Adapt rapidly to changes in project needs, agency requests, etc. and be able to work independently and collaborate with a variety of colleagues, clients, and agency representatives.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/xWgjGkFqDKrZhV1YHGlko PI138903774