Centennial Archaeology LLC, a cultural resource management company based in Fort Collins, Colorado is seeking qualified Field Technicians for upcoming Class III field surveys in Colorado and Wyoming. Additionally, Crew Chiefs with qualifications sufficient for permitting by the Wyoming BLM are also needed. Field work is expected to last through the summer and into the fall, and the available positions are project based. Archaeologists are expected complete intensive pedestrian survey and be competent with cultural resource documentation including all phases of electronic field data collection (Colorado/Wyoming field forms, artifact analysis, photo documentation, and GPS/GIS-mapping).
Field Technician Qualifications:
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, or closely related field required.
• Familiarity with identifying and documenting prehistoric and historic cultural resources is required.
• Completion of an accredited Archaeology field school (or comparable field experience) is required.
• Ability to travel to a location, survey 5-13 miles in a single day across rugged terrain, work long hours in sometimes inclement weather, and ability to carry personal gear as well as equipment weighing up to 40 lbs is required.
• Previous CRM experience is preferred, especially experience in the Great Plains and Central Rocky Mountains.
• Valid driver’s license and ability to pass a motor vehicle background screening.
• Covid 19 vaccination.
Crew Chief Qualifications:
Crew Chiefs must meet the requirements listed above for Field Technicians, and the meet the following requirements (Wyoming BLM minimums):
• Adequate professional instruction, obtained in either of the following two ways:
1 Formal education resulting in a baccalaureate or graduate degree in appropriate discipline (anthropology/archaeology, history, architecture, geography) and at least 12 months of pertinent professionally supervised experience, with increasing responsibility leading to duties similar to those proposed in the application.
2 Equivalent training and experience, including at least 30 months of professionally supervised experience including increasing responsibilities leading up to responsibilities equivalent to those proposed in the application.
• Competence in recording, collecting, handling, analyzing, evaluating, and reporting cultural property data, relative to the type and scope of work proposed.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise activity of the type and scope proposed.
• Completion of at least 4 months (120 days) of professional cultural resource management experience with comparable cultural resources in Wyoming or similar cultural contexts and environmental settings.
Centennial is a small business based in Fort Collins Colorado. The company was founded in 1984 and has successfully conducted archaeological and historical studies throughout the western US. Centennial is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration.
Application Process: E-mail a current CV or resume and a list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org