Cultural Resource Senior Project Manager
An interesting and challenging opportunity awaits you with Environmental Consulting & Technology (ECT), Inc. We are proud to be an industry leader in environmental solutions throughout the United States while offering a culture that encourages work-life balance and opportunities to learn and grow your career. Our work involves a multitude of unique projects, both small and large to offer variety, yet our company is small enough for your voice to be heard. We are looking for new members to join our professional team of scientists, planners, and project managers and help us build our service lines.
This position requires candidates with strong project management capabilities, technical expertise, and a sound understanding of client service and business development as part of delivering exceptional consulting expertise. Candidates are desired for positions in multiple U.S. regions including the Southeast/Florida, Midwest, and Central Atlantic.
Experience and Qualifications for Success:
· Master’s degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field and 7 years of progressively responsible experience in business development, managing projects, fieldwork, consulting, including developing and implementing budgets, schedules, and scopes of work from pre-field tasks to final report preparation.
· Emphasis in archaeology, with experience conducting and leading archaeological projects.
· A minimum one year of full-time professional experience or equivalent specialized training in archaeological research, administration or management
· A minimum of four months of supervised field and analytic experience in general North American archaeology and demonstrated ability to carry research to completion.
· Demonstrated expertise in cultural resource project management, staff supervision, management of client relations, scope and budget preparation, and other related consulting tasks.
· Possess skills and knowledge in one or more specialty scientific areas (e.g., lithic, ceramic, or faunal analysis; osteology; historical archaeology).
· Demonstrated experience in supervising, mentoring, and providing leadership for other cultural resource professionals and development of a high-performance consulting team.
· Ability to build, direct, and promote a successful regional and national cultural resource practice while collaborating as part of a national team.
· Implement technical and methodological standards for the cultural resource practice and ensure that QA/QC standards that meet or exceed professional standards are consistently met.
· Strong business development skills as a “seller/doer” to develop productive business relationships with agency, client, and industry contacts.
· Strong technical writing and oral communication skills.
· Self-motivated, positive, energetic, and the ability to work with and supervise teams.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
· Must meet the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualification Standards for Archaeology.
· Certified on Register of Professional Archaeologists (RPA) preferred
· Knowledge of federal, state, local historic preservation and cultural resource regulations and demonstrate an established area of analytical expertise and/or archaeological research interest.
· Experience preparing NEPA documents to support Section 106 consultation for a variety of federal agencies.
· Involvement with regional and national professional historic or archaeological societies.
· Basic knowledge of soils and sediments.
· Technical report first author examples.
· Report and documents editing and review experience.
· Basic GIS knowledge and experience.
· Ability to travel an estimated 25 to 40% of the time.
· Willing to travel overnight for extended periods of time.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to pass a motor vehicle record screening.
ECT is an employee-owned, multidisciplinary natural resources and environmental consulting firm serving private and public-sector clients by integrating science, engineering, technology, planning, and management systems to provide practical solutions to complex challenges. ECT maintains a drug-free environment and is an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer.
Interested candidates please click here to be directed to our website and apply.