New South Associates (NSA) is seeking Archaeological Field Technicians and Crew Chiefs to assist with a variety of Phase I, II and III projects across the Lower South and Southeastern United States. A bachelor’s degree in anthropology or a related field is required and prior field experience is highly valued. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the geographical area of the project. Lodging (individual hotel room) and per diem will be provided. Pay rate is based on experience, and ranges from $16-$18 per hour for Technicians, and $19-$21 per hour for Crew Chiefs. Upcoming work includes Federal projects paying Service Contract Act Wage Rates, which are generally higher
• Candidates must be able to perform physically demanding tasks in adverse environmental conditions (e.g., steep terrain, remote locations, hot/cold weather). Ability to extensively perform bending, kneeling, standing, shoveling, and lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 25 lbs as needed.
• Candidates should also have good organizational skills, communication skills, and willingness to learn new tasks.
• Candidates must be punctual, be willing to take initiative, and have a strong work ethic.
• Candidates must be team players and respectful of co-workers.
• Experience with digital data collection and note taking.
• Experience with GPS units.
• Knowledge of historic/precontact material culture.
• Experience in CRM-based archaeological survey and/or excavation
• Ability to navigate using smart phone technology as well as by compass and paper map.
The winner of multiple state, regional, and national awards, NSA is an equal opportunity employer, and women and minorities are encouraged to apply. To apply, please send a cover letter outlining your qualifications, resume, and a list of three references to email@example.com.
Position Type: Temporary, Full-Time