Position: Associate Archaeologist
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
PaleoWest is a solution-driven cultural resource consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best CRM professionals in the industry. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs by fostering new technologies that advance our industry and promoting professional development within an innovative and forward-thinking environment.
PaleoWest is seeking an Associate Archaeologist who can serve as a Field Supervisor, Lab Director, and Technical Writer on many of its ongoing and upcoming projects in Nevada and northern California. Experience leading crews in remote, rugged conditions is a must, as is experience preparing site records and NRHP eligibility recommendations. The successful candidate will work closely with our Senior Archaeologist and field staff in Reno, as well as staff in our northern California and Utah offices.
· Minimum of a master’s degree in Anthropology or Archaeology
· Meets the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards and Guidelines for Archaeology
· Meets the Nevada BLM requirements for Crew Lead
· Experience working in northern California and the Great Basin
· At least 1 year of experience leading and supervising crews during Class III surveys and site recordation
· Solid understanding of NHPA Section 106 and Section 110
· Familiarity and demonstrated experience with Great Basin prehistoric and historic archaeology
PaleoWest is one of the most respected firms in the industry, with offices across the United States. Salary will be commensurate with experience and bonuses will be offered for exceptional performance. Our benefits package includes health insurance, dental, vision, paid holidays and vacation, and a 401(k) plan with employer matching.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.
To apply please on this link: https://jobapply.page.link/P3MX