PaleoWest is a solution-driven archaeological consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best cultural resource management professionals in the industry. PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry while better protecting its fragile resources, and promoting professional development within the framework of innovation and forward thinking.
PaleoWest is seeking one or more Field Directors for our Albuquerque, NM office for various projects throughout the Southwest. Fieldwork duties will primarily be in New Mexico and west Texas and can extend into neighboring states. Under the supervision of a Project Manager, the Field Director will oversee archaeological crews on pedestrian transect surveys and testing/data recovery excavation projects.
The role will include leading archaeological pedestrian surveys, directing data recovery projects according to the research design/data treatment plan, and assisting the Project Manager with writing reports. Duties and responsibilities consist of organizing and mobilizing field crews, which includes managing schedules, preparing equipment and data for fieldwork, processing fieldwork data (including site, isolate, and GIS data), and collaborating with the reporting team.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a closely related field is required; a graduate degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of professional archaeological experience
- 2+ years of proven experience directing archaeological crews, one of which must be in New Mexico.
- Strong organization abilities, with task and time management a must
- Ability to endure adverse environmental conditions, including hot and cold temperatures, precipitation, and challenging terrain for sustained durations.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in camping and hiking in adverse conditions are preferred.
- Familiarity with artifacts and features common to New Mexico is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate excellent attention to detail, a positive work ethic, reliability, responsiveness, and commitment to working both independently and in a team environment.
PaleoWest is one of the most respected firms in the industry, with offices across the United States. If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please send a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job, please click this link: https://jobapply.page.link/1PQ7