TEMPORARY ARCHAEOLOGICAL CREW LEAD – Potential for Regular Employment
Logan Simpson currently seeks a full-time Temporary Archaeological Crew Lead for survey projects in Nevada, reporting to the Salt Lake City office. Pay rate ranges from $22–$26 per hour dependent upon experience. Logan Simpson offers a retention bonus program for eligible temporary staff. Successful candidates may be considered for regular full-time employment.
Duties and responsibilities include leading an archaeological field crew, under the supervision of a field director, on survey projects throughout Nevada, and possibly Utah. Candidate must accurately yet efficiently record cultural resources in the field, manage a field crew, operate Trimble GPS units, use digital data collection methods, prepare site records, and conduct quality control/quality assurance reviews of field data.
• Qualifications for Crew Lead for Nevada BLM Carson City, Battle Mountain, or Southern Nevada Districts
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Anthropology or closely related field or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of archaeology consulting or agency experience
• 1+ years of archaeology experience in the Great Basin or the Southwest, including field supervisory experience
• Ability to work outdoors in extreme temperatures and in remote locations (camping is a possibility)
• Ability to walk up to 10 miles per day over steep terrain for extended periods of time
• Willingness to work field sessions up to 8 days in a row
• The ability to work out-of-town
• A valid driver’s license
• Proficiency with electronic devices such as smart phones and tablets for digital data collection
Preferred qualifications include residence in Nevada, preferably Reno.
If interested, please apply online at http://logansimpson.com/about/careers/ and attach a resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements.
Logan Simpson is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer