Job Opens: July 22, 2021
Job Closes: August 31, 2021
Archaeological Field Directors – Nevada
PaleoWest, LLC is a solution-driven cultural resource management consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best CRM professionals in the industry. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry while better protecting its fragile resources, and promoting professional development within the framework of innovation and forward thinking.
We are currently seeking Field Directors for upcoming projects throughout Nevada. Candidates may operate out of either our Las Vegas or Reno offices. Field Directors are responsible for managing all aspects of field survey, including supervision of Crew Chiefs, coordination and leadership of archaeological pedestrian surveys, and all associated site recording duties. A majority of PaleoWest projects are designed as camping surveys, often in remote areas; therefore, demonstrated skills and experience in camping, hiking, technical driving, and wilderness safety are preferred. This is an on-call position with a potential for full-time employment, depending on qualifications.
- Previous Nevada work experience
- 5+ years of professional archaeological experience
- 2+ years of proven experience directing archaeological crews
- Bachelor’s degree in Archaeology or Anthropology, graduate degree preferred
- Ability to be permitted by the BLM as a Field Director/Crew Chief in Nevada.
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to cultural resources
- Ability to endure rugged terrain and extreme environmental conditions
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and strong communication skills
PaleoWest is one of the most respected firms in the industry, with offices across the United States. If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please send a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.
To apply, please click on this link: https://jobapply.page.link/iZgt