DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR
National Park Service
Crater Lake National Park
Pay scale & grade
$30.98 to $30.98 per hour
Temporary – 1039
1 vacancy in the following location:
Crater Lake, OR
Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes as determined by agency policy
This job is open to
Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a “surplus” or “displaced” employee.
Clarification from the agency
This announcement is for ICTAP/CTAP only.
Recruiting for summer seasonal located in Crater Lake National Park, under the Division of Integrated Cultural and Natural Resources Management.
Learn more about this agency
This vacancy announcement is only open to current surplus and current or former displaced Federal individuals who have special priority selection rights under Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP).
- Conducting archaeological monitoring sufficient to write an annual report to Oregon SHPO standards on the Rim Drive Rehabilitation and Rockfall Mitigation project.
- Leading field crew consisting of interns and volunteers for archaeological survey projects, advising them of documentation methods and safety procedures, determining the area of potential effects in compliance with Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act.
- Converting field data to a form suitable for entry into the statewide archaeological database maintained by Oregon SHPO with components suitable for review and concurrence by SHPO.
- Completing or overseeing completion of state archaeological site and isolate forms according to Oregon SHPO standards.
- Evaluating and assessing archaeological sites, isolates, and features in the field, supporting these with background research, along with applying the four National Register criteria in determinations of eligibility to the National Register of Historic Places.
- Authoring and assembling archaeological survey reports according to the standards of Oregon SHPO. Drafts letters requesting concurrence with the recommended finding of effect, as determined by the incumbent archaeologist.
- Serving as an advisor to park management on cultural resources, specifically those determined to represent prehistoric or historic archaeology of Crater Lake National Park.
Reasonable Accommodation Requests: If you believe you have a disability (i.e., physical or mental), covered by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended and Americans with Disabilities Act 1990 as amended, that would interfere with completing the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, you will be granted the opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation in your online application. Requests for Reasonable Accommodations for the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments and appropriate supporting documentation for Reasonable Accommodation must be received prior to starting the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. Decisions on requests for Reasonable Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis. If you meet the minimum qualifications of the position, after notification of the adjudication of your request, you will receive an email invitation to complete the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. You must complete all assessments within 48 hours of receiving the URL to access the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, if you received the link after the close of the announcement. To determine if you need a Reasonable Accommodation, please review the Procedures for Requesting a Reasonable Accommodation for Online Assessments here: https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Reasonable_Accommodations_for_USA_Hire
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
For more information, view the full employment listing by clicking here.