SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a Senior Archaeologist/Senior Project Manager for our Bay Area and Northern California operations. The Senior Archaeologist/Senior Project Manager is a core member of our established Cultural Resources Program, responsible for managing client relationships, supervising staff, successfully winning, and executing projects, and leading all aspects of project implementation. This is a regular, full-time, salaried position. This position is a wonderful career-growth opportunity for the right candidate to join SWCA’s expanding practice.
· Senior position in an established cultural resources practice and will include staffing, fieldwork, research, report writing, and Quality Assurance/ Quality Control (QA/QC) review
· Manages state and federal agency permits for the Northern California cultural resources program.
· Maintains and continues to grow a broad Bay Area and Northern California client network and good working relationships with local, state, and federal agency contacts.
· Nurtures and develops client and agency relationships.
· Supervises, mentors, and provides guidance to SWCA staff in the field, office, and laboratory.
· Organizes and creates best practices and processes.
· Collaborates with SWCA’s managers, directors, and principal investigators on technical and business development efforts throughout the company.
· Maintains SWCA’s high standard of scientific ethics and quality assurance and is motivated to identify and resolve problems in creative ways.
· Collaborates as part of an interdisciplinary environmental team.
· Assists in the continuing development of SWCA’s Cultural Resource Program and expands SWCA’s professional reputation in cultural resources consulting and research throughout California and beyond.
· Master’s Degree in anthropology, archaeology, history, or a closely related field
· Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in cultural resources management (CRM) on a variety of project types, sizes, regions, and agencies, with increasing levels of responsibility
· Minimum of four (4) years of experience in CRM in a supervisory capacity, whether in the field or in the office
· Experience managing CRM projects, including budgets, scheduling, and scopes of work.
· Meets the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualifications Standards in archaeology
· Qualified for listing on the California statewide Bureau of Land Management permit as a principal investigator.
· Qualified to conduct archaeological work in the City and County of San Francisco is desired
· Extensive experience with California archaeology, and preferably Northern California
· Experience working with major electric utility clients in California (PG&E, SCE, SDG&E, etc.)
· Demonstrated expertise in federal, state, and local laws and regulations related to the management of cultural resources (CEQA, NEPA, Section 106 of the NHPA)
· Has completed all aspects of a project, from pre-field tasks to final report preparation for a variety of project types and sizes, regions, and agencies.
· Excellent technical writing skills with a record of completing technical reports in a timely fashion.
· Has provided QA/QC review of field documents, site forms, and reports.
· Has led large crews and/or multiple crews on a variety of project types and sizes, regions, and agencies.
· Has worked on an interdisciplinary team of subject matter experts and planners.
· Has conducted and is interested in conducting marketing, business development, client outreach, and proposal writing.
· Team-orientated attitude with strong leadership and mentoring skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.