Logan Simpson has an immediate opening for one or more regular full-time Archaeological Crew Leads based in our Salt Lake City, Utah office. We have several multi-year cultural resources contracts with federal and state agencies across the West. Upcoming work includes documentation of campgrounds, visitor’s centers, and other facilities in National Parks across the West and South Pacific; cultural resources surveys for transmission line projects, roads, and vegetation management projects throughout Nevada; mitigation projects on mining properties in Utah; and archaeological surveys for a variety of clients and projects throughout Utah. Crew leads will work on a variety of interesting projects across the Great Basin, Southwest, Rocky Mountains, Columbia Plateau, and Great Plains regions.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Leading archaeological field crews under the supervision of a field director;
• Accurately yet efficiently record cultural resources in the field;
• Manage a field crew;
• Operate Trimble GPS units;
• Use digital data collection methods;
• Prepare site records;
• Conduct quality control/quality assurance reviews of field data.
• Meet permitting qualifications at the crew lead level on federal permits in Utah and/or Nevada;
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Anthropology or closely related field or equivalent experience;
• Field supervisory experience in the Great Basin or Southwest;
• Ability to work outdoors in extreme temperatures and in remote locations (camping is a possibility);
• Ability to walk up to 10 miles per day over steep terrain for extended periods of time;
• Willingness to work field sessions up to 8 days in a row;
• Ability to work out of town;
• A valid driver’s license;
• Ability to work cooperatively in a team-oriented setting ;
• Proficiency with electronic devices such as smart phones and tablets for digital data collection.
• Working knowledge of Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act and the National Register of Historic
Compensation and Benefits
• Compensation ranges from $45,760 to $52,000 annually, dependent upon experience;
• Support for professional conference attendance;
• Internal professional development program;
• On-the-job training opportunities;
• Bonus programs for publishing, employee referrals, and academic achievements;
• Babies-At-Work Program;
• 401K with firm match;
• Subsidized medical and dental plans, firm-paid Life/AD&D, and Long-Term Disability coverage;
• Paid holidays and personal time off;
• Paid parking, travel, and cell phone reimbursements;
• Paid Costco membership.
If interested, please apply online at http://www.logansimpson.com/careers/ and attach a resume and a cover letter that include salary requirements.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer