SWCA has an opportunity in our Denver, Colo., office for a Cultural Resources Technician who will assist a Field Director in completing archaeological pedestrian surveys, construction monitoring, or other field tasks. You will identify cultural materials, collect data with tablets, and record sites using state-specific protocols. This is an on-call, hourly position. You will typically work a full-time schedule, depending on workload. We are currently looking for assistance for fall fieldwork with the potential for winter office work.
At SWCA our mission is to partner with clients to help them achieve their goals through the application of Sound Science and Creative Solutions. Our purpose is to preserve natural and cultural resources for tomorrow while enabling projects that benefit people today.
- Perform all aspects of archaeological survey, excavation, monitoring, data collection and documentation in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal guidelines and requirements.
- Perform digital photography, and utilize electronic data-collection tools and GIS mapping applications.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with project personnel.
- Depending on experience and available work, assist project managers with preparation of technical reports.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Demonstrate and maintain SWCA’s high standard of scientific ethics and quality assurance, and have the awareness to identify and resolve challenges in creative ways.
- A bachelor’s degree in anthropology, archaeology, history, or a closely related field is required.
- Participation in an accredited field school or equivalent experience is required; field schools focusing on North American archaeological methods and cultural resources management are preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in CRM is preferred; a range of field methodologies (survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring) is also preferred.
- Experience working in Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, or Missouri is preferred.
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours—sometimes in inclement weather, in rugged terrain, and often at high altitudes—and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required.
- Experience collecting field data utilizing tablets and Esri software is preferred.
- Must demonstrate excellent attention to detail and strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and demonstrate ability to coordinate effectively with SWCA senior staff and other project personnel.
- Must be motivated and able to work safely and cooperatively with minimal supervision.
- Availability to work extended field rotations (10-12 days at a time) and travel accordingly.
- Current valid driver’s license and the ability to safely operate a 4WD vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads is required.
- Must be dependable, respectful, organized, proactive, and on-time.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (EPEWA), we are disclosing a good faith estimate of the compensation range for roles that will be, or could be, performed in Colorado.
In Colorado, an employee in this position can expect a rate between $16.00 and $20.00 per hour, depending on experience, geographic locations, client requirements where applicable, and other factors permitted by law. Employees in this position are eligible for consideration for SWCA’s annual bonus program, which provides awards based on individual and organizational performance.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/E5ldXWhPQpZQiA26F65Da