F/T Permanent Field Director – $23-$27hr Flagstaff, AZ
Must possess a bachelor’s degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, Heritage Management, or a closely related field.
Specialized experience may include, but is not limited to:
• Minimum of five (5) years of fieldwork experience required, including two (2) years of supervisory experience.
• Must be permittable as a Field Director in AZ
• Knowledge of National Environmental Policy Act, Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act, Section 106, Section 110, and associated federal and state laws and regulations
• Previous report writing experience
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and formatting
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and apply decision-making skills
• Ability to work within defined schedules and meet deadlines
Additional Qualifications that can provide preference:
• Master’s degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, Heritage Management, or related field.
• Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, and/or Illustrator
• Permittable in the Southwest including New Mexico, Utah, Colorado, Nevada and California.
• Registered Professional Archaeologist (RPA)
Duties and responsibilities:
These duties may vary depending on job assignment and firm needs.
• Managing and leading field crews
• Preparing complex technical survey reports and site forms
• Recording cultural resources in the field using digital data collection methods
• Conduct quality control reviews of field data
• Remain current with protocol for conducting cultural resources work, particularly in the Southwest.
• Maintain good working relationships with state and federal agency contacts and clients.
• Ensure that all fieldwork, analysis, and report production is conducted in accordance with company standards and guidelines.
• Help train and mentor cultural resources staff in the field.
• Take initiative, resolve problems, and create improved procedures to ensure that tasks are completed in the most effective manner
• Work to promote Cornerstone’s business interests in adherence to its mission, vision, and values
Working conditions & Physical requirements:
Fieldwork is required which may include strenuous outdoor activity, such as walking rough terrain in isolated areas in a variety of environments where terrain may be steep, uneven, rocky, and covered with vegetation. Climate ranges from extremely dry to extremely wet and from hot to cold. Rain, snow, wind, or dust may be encountered. The work may require the use of protective clothing and footwear.
Office work may be required, which may include extended periods of sitting.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
• Must be able to communicate clearly to others.
• Must be able to meet tight deadlines, working overtime if necessary.
• Must be able to see small detail and color variation.
• Must be able to work in extreme temperatures on steep, rocky, uneven terrain.
• Must have a valid local driver’s license and a vehicle for local travel, as requested.
Salary range begins at $23/hr to $27/hr and is commensurate with experience. This position is exempt from overtime; however, per diems are paid additionally when appropriate.
Additional benefits, after a successful probationary period, include: paid vacation, paid sick leave, seasonal bonuses, and a matching Simple IRA contribution. Cornerstone is a small business that values and recognizes hard work.
Please contact Caitlin Stewart with your detailed CV, References, and Cover Letter, at firstname.lastname@example.org