Heritage Consultants, a Connecticut-based cultural resource management company, has openings for field archaeologists for upcoming work throughout New England and New York. Fieldwork will include Phase I cultural resources surveys, Phase II testing projects, and Phase III data recovery projects, as well as potentially laboratory duties and report assistance.
Qualified candidates must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field;
• Completed an accredited archaeological field school;
• At least 6 months of archaeological field experience with a professional cultural resources firm;
• Experience performing archaeological survey and excavation;
• Ability to work in diverse terrain that will involves hiking to and from project areas;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to work well with others and be a proactive part of a project team;
• Detailed note taking skills;
• A valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation;
• Proof of Covid-19 vaccination.
Please send a cover letter (in PDF or WORD format) that presents your field experience, including any in New England, a copy of your resume/CV, contact information for at least of two references, and a date of availability to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Starting pay is commensurate with experience and is very competitive for the region. Per diem is available for project and single occupancy hotel room are offered.
Heritage Consultants is an equal opportunity employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.