Our Salt Lake City-based Cultural Resources (CR) field execution team and are looking for motivated individuals to assist in the highest-quality project work by collecting thorough and accurate cultural resources data. SWCA Environmental Consultants is an employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. The Salt Lake City CR team conducts high-quality fieldwork throughout the Intermountain West in a variety of environments and weather conditions. The work is demanding, exhausting, and rewarding. Fieldwork will require someone who is adaptable, level-headed, willing to learn, and has a good sense of humor.
Your role will be to conduct archaeological fieldwork as a member of a survey crew. Some data recovery or monitoring fieldwork may also occur depending on the field season. You will assist with mapping responsibilities in the field, including collection of GPS data. This is a field position requiring travel and extensive time away from home, often working long hours in a variety of environments and conditions (including high altitude, extreme temperatures, steep slopes, inclement weather, etc.). Work in the office or laboratory is expected to be minimal.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field preferred (however students working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in anthropology or archaeology are also encouraged to apply)
- Archaeology field school or comparable experience highly preferred
- Experience with a wide range of field methodologies including archaeological survey, testing, excavation, methodology, and monitoring for at least six (6) months is preferred
- Ability to travel to a remote location, hike and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, often in rugged terrain at high altitudes, while carrying equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required; a pace of at least 8 miles per day is expected
- Knowledge of professional-grade GPS and tablet-based data applications is a plus
- Ability to pass a Motor Vehicle background screening.
- Current valid driver’s license and the ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads preferred.
- Comfortable driving large, diesel or gas, pickup-trucks is ideal.
Please submit a letter of introduction with your resume or CV that explains if and to what extent you meet the experience and qualification parameters outlined above. Should you meet the requirements, and seem like a good candidate, we will get in touch with you via email, and request a primary phone interview with a couple of our crew chiefs.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is an established and flourishing environmental firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental compliance services. SWCA is an employee-owned company composed of environmental professionals who specialize in natural and cultural resource management, environmental planning, and regulatory compliance.
With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance companies and consistently ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms. We offer a team-oriented work environment, and a competitive compensation and benefits package, including an employee stock ownership plan (retirement) for full-time, regular employees. Some benefits are also available to on-call, temporary or part-time employees.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.