Richard Grubb & Associates (RGA) is currently seeking a motivated and talented GIS Technician. This position can be 100% remote, based out of our Cranbury, NJ, Philadelphia, PA or Wake Forest, NC offices, or a hybrid of remote and in office.
GIS technician responsibilities include:
• application of GIS principles, practices and functions using ESRI including Spatial and/or 3D Analyst;
• use of Expert GPS for field data and mapping
• georeferencing of imagery and maps;
• GPS data collection and processing;
• maintain digital geospatial data, attribute databases, and metadata;
• simple to complex spatial analysis including slope and viewshed analyses for archaeologists and architectural historians;
• presentation of detailed and concise cartographic output;
• surface interpolation, including from LiDAR and for development of artifacts density maps
• AutoCAD experience is preferred but not required.
• experience with Adobe Creative Cloud is preferred but not required
Qualified applicants should:
• Associates or bachelor’s degree or certificate in Anthropology, Geography, Environmental Science or closely related field
• cultural resources management is preferred but not required.
• be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills,
• be able to manage priorities and meet project deadlines and budgets.
This will be a full-time hourly position (30-40 hours per week) and compensation includes a benefits package. Salary is dependent upon qualifications.
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Stephanie Grubb, Operations Manager
RGA is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish. RGA is an equal-opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RGA is a Drug-Free Workplace.
RGA participates in E-Verify