We have an immediate opportunity for an Archaeologist for the Butte County area. This is a long term opportunity that offers per diem, drive time, and mileage reimbursement for qualified individuals. The candidate should be resourceful, dedicated, and organized, and will work under the supervision of the Field Director or Project Director during survey and/or excavation projects. This position is for active monitoring of construction activities.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Perform cultural resources monitoring at construction sites to implement mitigation measures to avoid impacts to cultural resources
• Conduct archaeological field surveys
• Record data for scientific and compliance purposes using company forms and established field methodology
• Prepare daily progress/monitoring reports as needed by the project
• Use GPS equipment (Garmin/Trimble) for field data collection
• Work independently or as part of a team
• Conduct field surveys as needed
• Complete other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in anthropology, archaeology, historic archaeology, or a related field
• 3 to 5 years of experience with supervised field and analytic experience in general North American archaeology
• Preferred experience in Butte County
• Familiarity with GPS units, DPR forms, and digital data collection
• Demonstrated ability to carry out research to completion
• Demonstrated ability to complete National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) evaluations for cultural resources
• Demonstrated ability to identify and assess subsurface and surface archaeological deposits.
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record, access to reliable transportation
• Computer literate
Please contact email resume to April.Montbleau@347Group.com. My phone contact information is 916-244-7684.