TECHS NEEDED NW IOWA – PH I >> STARTS 09/26/21
Our Field Services division has seasonal/temporary openings for Phase I Archaeology in Iowa.
Must be available to mobilize to project area in northwest Iowa Sunday, September 26, 2021.
The 2021 field season is expected to be 8 weeks of continuous work until the ground freezes.
The 2022 field season is expected to be 24+ weeks of work set to start after the spring thaw.
SCHEDULE AND COMPENSATION
• Schedule On: Monday – Saturday; 10 hour days
• Schedule Off: Sunday
• Hourly Position – Overtime paid for all hours worked over 40
• Project based lodging (single occupancy- hotel)
• Flat Rate Per Diem $55.00/day – paid 7 days a week
FIELD TECHNICIAN POSITION OVERVIEW 17.00/17.50/18.00/HOUR (BASED ON EXPERIENCE)
Under the supervision of the Field Lead for Phase I survey, the Field Technician is responsible for performing common tasks associated with archaeological investigations and surveys within the archaeological project area.
• Perform pedestrian walkover survey, controlled surface survey, and shovel testing
• Complete field-related paperwork including but not limited to recordation of excavated shovel tests, plan view and profile drawing, site/feature maps.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in archaeology, anthropology or related science
• Successful completion of an archaeological field school & 1 year of fieldwork experience
REQUIRED DRUG & ALCOHOL SCREENING
This position requires job candidates (after a conditional offer of employment), employees, and sub-contractors to abide by Merjent’s written Drug, Alcohol, and Contraband Policy which includes satisfactory test results of pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
For consideration, please include the position you are applying for in the subject line and send resume/vita and three professional references to: