Archaeological Field Assistant – New York and Ohio – Environmental Design & Research (Seasonal)
EDR is looking to hire multiple qualified Archaeological Field Assistants for immediate and upcoming projects located in New York and Ohio. These positions are temporary (i.e., on a per project basis) but are anticipated to be continuous until the end of the 2021 field season. Please note that all archaeological field staff will be required to follow EDR’s COVID-19 Health & Safety Procedures and employment opportunities may be dependent on travel restrictions or other local/state/federal mandates. Qualified candidates must have
• at least 1-year experience conducting Phase I, II, and/or III archaeological investigations in New York, Ohio, New
England, and/or the Mid-Atlantic;
• the ability to travel (locally and out of state when required);
• the ability to work outdoors in all kinds of weather;
• physical endurance to conduct archaeological field surveys in remote and challenging environments;
• the ability to carry equipment (shovel and screen, GPS unit, cameras) while conducting fieldwork;
• the ability to read and understand maps – prior experience with digital data collection/GPS is preferred;
• the ability to prepare field records and drawings; and
• a BA/BS degree in anthropology, history or related field, and completion of an archaeological field school.
EDR is a multi-disciplinary environmental consulting and design firm with offices in Syracuse, Rochester, and Albany, New York and Hershey, PA that has been in business for over 40 years. Our senior cultural resources staff meet the Secretary of Interior’s Guidelines (per 36 CFR Part 61) in archaeology, history, and historic preservation supported by a diverse group of environmental professionals with expertise in wetland delineations, ecology, wildlife biology, botany, visual impact analysis, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), environmental permitting, community planning, landscape architecture, and engineering.
To learn more about career opportunities at EDR please visit https://www.edrdpc.com/our-firm/career-opportunities.