Archaeological Monitor – San Luis Obispo County
R3X Group, Inc.
R3X Group, Inc. is seeking an Archaeological Monitor for an immediate hire in San Luis Obispo County with a project duration of approximately 6 weeks. This temporary position may evolve to assist a growing multidisciplinary team of environmental scientists, including biologists, ecologists, engineers, and planners on a variety of projects throughout California and particularly Central to Northern California. This is an on-call project technician position with the opportunity for position advancement. We are seeking candidates who thrive working independently, who have a willingness to be on-call, and in turn can expect support from senior staff, highly competitive compensation, mileage, drive time, housing paid up front, and flexibility.
This temporary position will be based in the field near Creston, San Luis Obispo County.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation is highly competitive and also commensurate with experience and ability to perform essential duties of an Archaeological Monitor. Employees will be reimbursed for mileage and travel time related to field work and any lodging paid for up front by R3X Group.
· Willingness to perform fieldwork, be on-call, and in turn expect reasonable notice from R3X Group for project assignments with some flexibility.
· Ideal candidates have a minimum of 2 years of experience or a substituted demonstration of proficiency completing all aspects of monitoring with an emphasis on proficient data recording skills.
· This is a position with the expectation that the candidate can gather all necessary, rudimentary data including artifact attributes, environmental conditions, field notes, photographs, and GPS data during fieldwork and can document and communicate this data effectively in field notes to senior staff.
Job Summary of Roles and Responsibilities:
· Willingness to perform fieldwork, be on-call
· Candidate will be able to comprehensively document fieldwork effectively to senior staff.
· Ability to perform rudimentary archaeological tasks with little supervision, maintain field notes following standard archaeological procedures and by R3X Group format
· Ability to use topographic maps, aerial photographs, and GPS units for navigation and mapping
· Working knowledge of CEQA, NHPA, and other state and federal environmental regulations
Applicants located near San Luis Obispo County are preferred. However, qualified individuals willing to travel will also be considered. R3X Group will give priority to applicants with monitoring and Central Coast field experience.
Please provide a cover letter outlining your qualifications, and a current resume with at least 3 references with current contact information to email@example.com and include “Monitor Position” in the Subject line. R3X Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.